Sunday, November 7, 2010

What I Wore: Belated Halloween Party

We were invited by Geoff & Lisa (whom I met at Melbourne Cup) to a belated Halloween party last night (Saturday 6th). We had a ball! It was great going out together, and meeting new people, and it's always fun to play grown up dress ups as well.

Alfred as House (from the TV series)



I, however, went as what I coined "the f**ked up clown". My costume was made up out of:
  • a Fred Flinstone wig (Alfred was Fred Flinstone for my 21st)
  • a Wilma Flinstone necklace (I was Wilma Flinstone for my 21st)
  • a little black dress from Forever New
  • Checkerboard stockings from We Love Colors in neon blue
  • Shoes which I purchased on ebay,and absolutely LOVE!
  • the wings were part of a butterfly set that my Grandfather gave me for Christmas last year.


Makeup was easy and quick, only took me between ten and fifteen minutes. I did a quick base with Australis mineral foundation, and then used a Inglot eyeliner in colour 527 to draw out the shape of the star. I then coloured in with LimeCrime eyeshadow dust in 'Duchess', I followed that by using LimeCrime magic dust in 'Pompadour' along the edges of the star to give it some definition. (These colours are no longer available from LimeCrime, but I believe 'Shoe Addict' has replaced Duchess). I finished off the look by slapping on some lipstick in 'Retrofuturist' by LimeCrime.



With lots of love,
Lady Lucy

No comments: