Thursday, November 4, 2010

What I Wore: Melbourne Cup

As many of you should well be aware, this Tuesday gone was Melbourne Cup Day. It also happened to be my first ever bet on the races! We didn't go to the races themselves, but I was asked to join an event at our local surf club. Had so much fun, met lots of new people, managed to avoid getting poked in the eye by any hats/headware, and I drunk far too many glasses of red wine for my own, or anyone elses, good.



Shoes: Kmart 'now' ivory heels. Originally purchased ($15) for renewing our vows in Las Vegas.. but we changed our mind about that!

Dress: This is the dress that my mother wore to my year twelve formal, that she bought as a last minute purchase. I got many complements, so glad I had knicked it earlier.




Jewellery: Headband was an etsy purchase from Satanica for only $25 plus P&H. The earrings were from Diva for only $5, and went perfectly with the headband. Was so excited to have an excuse to wear them out :D



Make-up: I wore Australis mineral foundation in Nude, Australis pressed powder in Natural, Savvy purple eyeliner, Rimmel eyebrow pencil, Inglotwaterproof black mascara, and Australis mineral lipstick in Jive. I also used an Inglot eyeshadow, but I can't recall it's name - it's a beige sparkle colour, great for highlighting the eyebrow bone.

No comments: